[Talk proposal] Presenting lca_algebraic : Bringing symbolic calculus to Brightway2 for parametric inventories, global sensitivity analysis and generation of simplified models.

Raphael Jolivet

Hi,

I sent a private email to Chris this morning, but I am not sure he received it.
Here is a copy of the talk proposal.

Brgds,
Raphaƫl

Title: Presenting lca_algebraic : Bringing symbolic calculus to Brightway2 for parametric inventories, global sensitivity analysis and generation of simplified models.

Abstract:
In this talk, we present lca_algebraic, an open source library based on Brightway2 and Sympy. By bringing symbolic calculus to Brightway2, we ease the definition of parametric inventories and enable very fast Monte Carlo computation. This permits the application of Global Sensitivity Analysis methods on the parametric inventory to propage its uncertainty to the impacts, identify the key parameters explaining most of the impacts' variance and ultimately generate simplified arithmetic equations to be used by non experts to estimate specific environmental impacts of the investigated system.

Author:
Raphael Jolivet works as research engineer at OIE lab.
He developed this library in the context of the project INCER-ACV to evaluate uncertainties in LCAs.